Pages


Saturday, February 4, 2012

Inspirational sewing

February 4, 2012

I came across a blogger friend this morning that dishes out such inspiration.  I was catching up this morning on reading some wonderful blogs while having coffee, and I'm amazed how some women can get so many things done in weeks time.  I'm talking about Heidi from My Simple Country Living.  This woman is awesome, she shares with the world her talents in cooking, gardening, and sewing and many other things.  You have to check out her blog, i don't think this woman sleeps any.
Well, after reading her blog this morning, i decided to get motivated and attempt to get a sewing project done once a month.  I use to love to sew, and sorta put it on the back burner.  My oldest daughter is wanting to learn how to sew, and now we have a baby girl to sew cute things for, so thank you Heidi for the motivation.



Two weeks ago, i was digging through some old patterns i have saved just because i like old vintage things and didn't want to throw them out because they were out of style.  I had a stash of fabrics that i dug through as well.  I did get something made for Jessie, my grandbaby.

I used one of the patterns and had this cute fabric for some time.  She's gonna be a lil cowgirl like her momma, so i wanted to use this western boot and hat fabric.   

Look at the price on some of these old patterns, $.50 cents and $1.00, Wow!!!!!!!!!!! wish we can still find some patterns for that price.....


I think i will get some small red ribbon to embelish the eyelet ruffle around the neck, maybe a small ribbon bow, what do you think??



I can't wait to try the Simplicity 7708 pattern, now that's vintage.  My mom had that pattern and made these for my sister and I years and years ago...........ha ha ha

Thank you Heidi for your hop to inspire me to get back into sewing.

If you like sewing follow me over to Heidi's My Simple Country Living  for her UFO roll call sewing hop.


                               Live Simple...................................Sheryl

5 comments:

  1. A little touch of red would be just the thing on that cute jumper!
    I'm with you on the Simplicity 7708, what a darling pattern! Some things just never go out of style!
    You are right about Heidi, what an inspiration she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in some of those patterns. Wow! I am so happy you're getting back into the sewing room Sheryl. Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I do sleep,smile. My level of activity is the result of empty nest syndrome. I have been kidless since my son married last September. All that energy has to go somewhere. I agree with Candy. Your grandbaby's jumper is adorable, but I would not change a thing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention that I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award Sheryl. You can see the rules on my blog here:

    http://mysimplecountryliving.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-awardees.html

    Congratulations! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I thank you for stopping by my blog! From the looks of your blog you may be interested in my wife's blog as well. "Maple Cottage Stitcher" its on google blogger as well! I look forward to reading the rest of you blog. God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute little dress! I agree with you of course I don't think Heidi sleeps ever! She has more energy than I ever have. It seems that you do too miss creative.
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete